Journalist Anna Banbury is pulling together a feature on life after sport and her researcher has handed her an interesting mix of highly paid and low paid athletes to explore.
One of the potential candidates is a former world champion kickboxer Johnny Johnson who appears to have abruptly left the sport in a shadow of speculation around a gambling addiction and major debts.
Anna manages to land an interview with the former fighter and quickly finds herself exposed to the truth and hurled into experiencing a very dark side of London and uncovers a noble secret that only Johnny and his trainer Scott share…
- Official selection at 2014 Action on Film Festival in California, USA.
- Official selection at 2015 Noida International Film Festival in Delhi, India and Winner of Best Cinematography.
- Nominated at NOVA International Film Festival in Washington DC, North Virginia, USA. Winner ‘Best Action Short Film’ and runner up for ‘Best Fight Sequence’. Also nominated for ‘Best Foreign Short Film’ – ‘Best Action Choreography’ – ‘Best Action Sequence’
- Selected for 2015 Festival De Cannes short film corner, France.
- Official Selection The Richard Harris International Film Festival, Limmerrick, Ireland.
‘London Hood’ a Fight Me Productions project in association with Magnificent Films.
Poster by: http://www.shabobchik.co.uk